Saturday, March 5, 2011

Moonlighting

For a while I worked at Moondance Comics in Massachusetts. I started part time and made it to manager fairly quickly. We had a pretty unique customer base, really into alternative comics partially because we were close to a bunch of colleges and partially because we who worked in the store were into them and happily promoted them. We did well enough with Cerebus that Dave Sim told us our numbers actually registered in the total sales figures.


That's Dave at the table on both the b&w pictures. He's talking to Dainis (one of my employees) and George (one of our customers) on the right.

The top photo shows me (in the Cerebus shirt) next to Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird (far right in the photo) who came in to talk to Dave. They created the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

I used to see the two of them around Northampton a lot. Even ran into them atop Mt Holyoke when Carrie and I went for a hike on her first visit to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment