Sunday, May 1, 2011

With the arrival of spring I've decided to start contributing again to the Kourier. I was thinking of including some pictures of local flora and fauna when the opportunity arrises.




Starting out: Happy Beltaine! I celebrated by dancing around a maypole, doing some yard work, planting some more seeds, and taking some pictures. First is a daffodil I planted last year.






From domestic to wild: here's a purple trillium back in our woods. Normally, they're the second or third wildflower to make an appearance, but this year they sprouted and bloomed in just a few days.









While in our woods I found this ungulate skull. We're not sure what it is, but a little online research might provide an answer. It was a strange find for a life-affirming holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment