Sunday, March 8, 2009

Solomon Grundy


As predicted in our last post, it snowed on Monday (the 2nd) when Carrie and I would both have to go to work. We got up dark and early and started clearing out the several inches we'd already gotten so we could more easily get out of the driveway and go to work. Carrie went off and I went back in to shower, change, etc in preparation for work. By the time I left for work, we had more snow in the drive than I'd cleared earlier.

Arriving at Staples, I heard some exclamations of relief that somebody from Electronics was in at last, the store having been open 2 hours already without one. After I clocked in I went to see who it was that didn't show up that morning at 8:00. It was me! They changed my schedule without telling me. And didn't call to ask where I was when I didn't show up for 2 hours. Nor say anything about it to me when I walked in. I made it plain to the store manager what had happened and if I was late, he SHOULD call, because something would be wrong. I am NEVER late under normal circumstances.

So, since I was actually scheduled for 2 hours earlier than I had thought, I got out 2 hours earlier than I thought and got home in time to snowblow the driveway again before Carrie got home.

Then we had more days of very warm weather this week and lots more snow melting away. I think it might actually have hit 50 once. And they say snow tomorrow, Monday, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment